Finding a Time and Date to Talk
You've spent the time posting a project and someone has applied - congratulations! Now the fun part: scheduling an interview to get to know your applicant and see if they're a good fit. To get started, go into your dashboard and click the volunteer's application.
Our scheduling tool makes it easy to identify and share availability - all you have to do is click on the time slots that work best for you. We require users provide at least 5 options, but the more you offer the better!
- Set your timezone at the top of the page.
- Interviews can be scheduled over the next 14 days. If you are not available until after this timeframe, return to this page when you're ready to select times. We've found connecting as quickly as possible will keep your applicants engaged.
- Enter a U.S. phone number for the call. If you are located outside of the United States, please check "I'm not in the U.S"
After clicking Submit, your selected time slots will be sent to the volunteer. Once they select a time, you'll be notified via email and see a confirmation message on your dashboard, too.
Once your time has been confirmed, our automated phone system will give you a call on the scheduled date. You can easily set a reminder by clicking "Add to Calendar" from your dashboard.
Tip: If you have to reschedule your call, don't forget to update the time on your personal calendar as well!
1. Your volunteer is not available at any of the times you selected.
No need to worry! Volunteers can select and propose new times. You'll receive an email notifying you of these new times and you can select the time that works best for you within your dashboard.
2. You need to reschedule the call.
You can do this directly from your dashboard by selecting [reschedule] next to the call date & time.
3. You wish to cancel an interview with a volunteer.
You may change your mind about interviewing an applicant, or, on occasion, volunteers will apply to a project and then become unresponsive. If you have sent times to a volunteer but no longer wish to interview them, or haven't heard from them in over a week, you can cancel the interview request directly from your dashboard by clicking Cancel Interview.
4. You don't have U.S. phone number.
Check out our article here if you plan on conducting your call outside of the United States.
5. I want to skip the interview.
Check out our article here if you wish to skip the interview and start working with your volunteer as soon as possible.