Finding a Time and Date to Talk
You've spent the time posting a project and someone has applied - congratulations! Now the fun part: scheduling an interview to get to know your applicant and see if they're a good fit. To get started, go into your dashboard and click the volunteer's application.
Our scheduling tool makes it easy to identify and share availability - all you have to do is click on the time slots that work best for you. We require users provide at least 5 options, but the more you offer the better!
- You'll be able to schedule up to 14 days in advance. We've set it up in this way to help you connect as quickly as possible.
- Make sure your timezone is correct at the top of the page.
- Enter a U.S. phone number for the call. If you are international, please check "I'm not in the U.S" and our Customer Success Team will follow up via email to help with scheduling.
After clicking Submit, your selected time slots will be sent to the volunteer. Once they select a time, you'll be notified via email and see a confirmation message on your dashboard, too.
On the day of the phone consultation, our system will automatically call you at the agreed upon time. You'll also be able to join the meeting by using the dial-in and PIN, provided to you on your dashboard.
1. Your volunteer is not available at any of the times you selected.
No need to worry! Volunteers can select and propose new times. You'll receive an email notifying you of these new times and you can select the time that works best for you within your dashboard.
2. You need to reschedule the call.
You can do this directly from your dashboard by selecting [reschedule] next to the call date & time.
3. You wish to cancel an interview with a volunteer.
You may change your mind about interviewing an applicant, or, on occasion, volunteers will apply to a project and then become unresponsive. If you have sent times to a volunteer but no longer wish to interview them, or haven't heard from them in over a week, you can cancel the interview request directly from your dashboard by clicking Cancel Interview.
4. You don't have U.S. phone number.
Check out our article here if you plan on conducing your call outside of the United States.