Your Organization Profile
When volunteers come to Catchafire they're looking to share their time with organizations dedicated to causes they care about. As a nonprofit, the best way you can recruit talented volunteers (besides posting an awesome and detailed project!) is by completing an engaging profile.
This is an essential opportunity to highlight your organization's work and inspire volunteers to apply for your projects. Below you can find a quick overview of the basic elements of our Organization Profile and some tips on making yours stand out!
- This is a simple yet important way to communicate your visual brand. So it shows up as clearly as possible, the image should be a 1:1 (square) that's at least 140 pixels wide and no smaller than 4 MB.
- Tip: If your organization is hoping to update its logo, check out our Logo Design & Visual Brand Identity project!
- If you're having a difficult time uploading your logo or resizing it, feel free to email our team at email@example.com
- Your cover photo should illustrate your organization's mission. Try and make it as engaging as possible!
- So it shows up as clearly as possible, the image should be at least 610 x 360 pixels, and less than 5 MB in size in a PNG or JPEG format.
- In addition to appearing on your Organization Profile, cover photos will also show up on any projects you post. So besides the type of the project, its cause area, and your organization's name, your cover photo will be a key way to stand out.
- Tip: If you need assistance identifying a cover photo for your organization consider utilizing free stock image from websites such as Unsplash.com
Mission / What We Do
- Chances are you probably have this some version of this already figured out, so don't forget to complete it!
- Volunteers are curious about the organizations behind the opportunity, so utilize these sections to clearly highlight the impactful work you do and why you do it.
- Tip: For more ideas about articulating your organization's mission, check out our Mission, Vision, and Values project!
- Causes are not only a great way to communicate what your organization is passionate about but it's also a key category volunteers use to search for opportunities.
- You also have the option to list up to two additional cause areas, which could help your organization show up in more volunteers' preferences.
- Feel free to use this space to share additional information about your organization such as your website, LinkedIn, or social media pages.
To get started, log into your Catchafire dashboard, click "Edit Profile", and scroll over to "Organization Profile".