Communicating about your projects just got easier - our new messaging center is here. Now, you can collaborate with your volunteers directly on Catchafire. We're excited to share this new feature with you.
Where and When To Get Started
Both organizations and volunteers can initiate a message. During the interview or call scheduling process in order to start a conversation you can send a message to the other party directly from their profile.
1. Reviewing applications or a project listing and have a question? Send a message.
Reach out to our team if you’d like to contact the organization or applicant before sending them times for the interview or call.
- Schedule a project interview to discuss the project, get to know the other party and see if it's a good fit. You can schedule all interviews and calls via your dashboard.
2. Need to communicate during scheduling? Send a message.
Maybe you missed your originally scheduled call or are unable to meet over the next 14 days, let your applicants know and keep them up to date.
- Even if you're messaging, we still strongly recommend holding an interview or call. This is still a critical step in the matching process - it's a time for both you and your potential volunteer to ask questions, learn about one another, and decide if you want to work together.
3. Just finished your call or had problems connecting? Send a message.
Follow up and message the other party to confirm if they want to set up another time to speak or see if they're ready to move forward and work together.
- Click "Start Project" if you'd like to work together. Sending an invitation will ensure you receive credit for your work together on our site. It's also the only way for our Nonprofit Advisor team can continue to support your project as it progresses.
- You can also click "Pass" if you don't think it's a good fit - our team will send an email on your behalf.
- If you were able to use our messaging tool to get all your project questions answered, reach out to our team at email@example.com and we can help facilitate the match.
4. Want to keep project communications centralized? Send a message.
We get it, a Catchafire project is another one of many things you have to manage so why not keep your keep your project messages in once place? With messaging you can.
- Once you've completed your project, mark it as complete and share feedback about experience within your Catchafire dashboard. For more information, read through our Rating Volunteers Help Center article.
- If for some reason your project was not completed, reach out to us through this form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you move forward.
Using Messaging Actions
Within this section you can take the following actions to manage your inbox:
- Leave The Conversation - You can close out a message with a user at any time. Just note that once you leave a conversation, you will no longer be able to access it in your message center.
- Manage this Project - When it's time to move your match forward, head to your dashboard to schedule a call, start your project or rate your experience.