Communicating about your projects just got easier - our new messaging center is here. Now, you can collaborate with your volunteers directly on Catchafire. We're excited to share this new feature with you.
Where and When To Get Started
During the interview or call scheduling process Organizations and Volunteers can send a message to one another directly through their profiles.
Users can also visit their messaging center, located on the upper right hand side of your screen by clicking into their profile.
The following section will describe the four different ways you can use messaging to manage your work through Catchafire.
1. Need to communicate during scheduling? Send a message.
If you missed your originally scheduled call or have a question about the project listing, send a message to let your applicants know and keep them up to date.
- Even if you're messaging, we still strongly recommend holding an interview or call. This is still a critical step in the matching process - it's a time for both you and your potential volunteer to ask questions, learn about one another, and decide if you want to work together.
- Want to send a message prior to your interview or call? Email our team if you’d like to contact the organization or applicant beforehand.
2. Just finished your call or had problems connecting? Send a message.
Follow up and message the other party to confirm if they want to set up another time to speak or see if they're ready to move forward and work together.
- Click "Start Project" if you'd like to work together. Sending an invitation will ensure you receive credit for your work together on our site. It's also the only way for our Nonprofit Advisor team can continue to support your project as it progresses.
- You can also click "Pass" if you don't think it's a good fit - our team will send an email on your behalf.
- If you were able to use our messaging tool to get all your project questions answered, reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help facilitate the match.
3. Want to keep project communications centralized? Send a message.
We get it, a Catchafire project can be one of many things to manage. Within our messaging center we've made it easy to communicate with your applicants and project volunteers all in one place.
- Once you've completed your project, mark it as complete and share feedback about experience within your Catchafire dashboard. For more information, read through our Rating Volunteers Help Center article.
- If your project was not complete, reach out to us at email@example.com and we can assist.
Using Messaging Actions
Within this section you can take the following actions to manage your inbox:
- Leave The Conversation - You can close out a message with a user at any time. Just note that once you leave a conversation, you will no longer be able to access it in your message center.
- Manage this Project - When it's time to move your match forward, head to your dashboard to schedule a call, start your project or rate your experience.