Our 1-hour phone consultations are a great way to get quick answers to your questions from volunteers with the expertise you need. Phone consultations are different from our pre-scoped projects, which are more involved and require anywhere from 5-50 hours of a volunteer's time.
To post a request for a 1-hour phone consultation, click on Post a Call from your Catchafire dashboard or at the top our project menu. You'll have the option of either writing your own post or choosing from one of our topics. Follow the quick steps below to get started:
1. Choose a Call Topic
Start with choosing a call topic to determine the subject matter of the call - our categories range from Data & Analytics, to Marketing Materials, Human Resources, and more! Choosing the right topic is important because it ensures the right types of professionals are seeing your post.
2. Choose Your Focus
Select a call focus to determine the structure of your call- whether it be to receive answers to pressing questions, solve organizational challenges, or simply just brainstorm and network!
3. Write Your Post
This section is what volunteers will see first when browsing through opportunities on Catchafire, so you'll want to make sure it clearly communicates your goal of the call. Please ensure your post meets the following guidelines:
- Write your post as a full sentence or question
- Make sure your post corresponds to the selected category
- Provide enough information to understand your Organization's needs
- Ensure that your request is addressable through a 1-hour conversation
Posts that do not meet these guidelines may be deleted by the Catchafire team.
- Need ideas on how to frame your question? You'll be able to browse through our list of suggestions based on real questions asked by other Organizations in our community!
- Want someone to proofread your post, or help you formulate a particular question? Our Nonprofit Advisors can help! Just click to send us a message using the blue chat bubble on the bottom right of your screen.
4. Add Additional Context
This section is a great place to indicate any extra information that will help a volunteer understand what you're looking for, and determine whether or not they have the skills to help.