So you've just received applications for a phone consultation, now what? It's time to choose your volunteer and start scheduling.
Make sure you review your applications from the "Projects" tab of your dashboard carefully and decide on the best volunteer or volunteers for your needs before you start scheduling.
To get started, after reviewing a volunteers' application click Schedule Call.
We ask that you provide at least 5 different time slots to conduct a call. Try to provide a variety of dates and times, so that your volunteer can choose a slot that works best for them!
- Set your timezone at the top of the page.
- Interviews can be scheduled over the next 14 days. If you are not available until after this timeframe, return to this page when you're ready to select times. We've found connecting as quickly as possible keep engaged.
- Enter a U.S. phone number for the call. If you are located outside of the United States, please check "I'm not in the U.S"
After clicking Submit, your selected time slots will be sent to the volunteer. You'll also be able to decide whether you'd like to connect with your other applicants by clicking "Yes, Connect More". Once they select a time, you'll be notified via email and see a confirmation message on your dashboard, too.
On the day of the phone consultation, our system will automatically call you at the agreed upon time. You'll also be able to join the meeting by using the dial-in and PIN, provided to you on your Catchafire dashboard.
1. Your volunteer is not available at any of the times you selected.
No need to worry! Volunteers can select and propose new times. You'll receive an email notifying you of these new times and you can select the time that works best for you within your dashboard.
2. You need to reschedule the call.
You can do this directly from your dashboard by selecting [reschedule] next to the call date & time.
3. You wish to cancel a call.
You can cancel your project directly from your dashboard by clicking Delete Phone Call.
4. You don't have a U.S. phone number. No worries! Just be sure to indicate it when selecting times on our call calendar and someone from our team will reach out to you to help coordinate. We will provide you with a suggested list of free online conference call systems that you can use to help schedule your interview.
5. You still have more questions to ask. You can always have the opportunity to speak with additional professionals by posting another call. Your Catchafire membership gives you access to an unlimited number of 1-Hour Phone Consultations (yes, you read that right!).